Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

2011 Sioux Falls Jazzfest, The Fabulous Thunderbirds Thursday 7-14

The T-Birds are one of those bands there's no need to introduce; if you like blues rock, you know who they are. I first saw them at a New Years Eve show in Houston back in the early 80s when Jimmie Vaughan was on guitar........and his little brother Stevie Ray was headlining. Since then, singer/harmonica player Kim Wilson is the only one to have gone the distance, but this lineup is really good....as I was sure they'd be. By the time they came on, the sun was almost down, and it was cooling off a little, but as you can see in the pics, it was still plenty hot on stage......in more ways than one.

Crash interviews Kim Wilson at the B102.7 booth.


Johnny Moeller, one of two guitarists with the band.

Jay Moeller is Johnny's younger brother.

The other guitarist is Mike Keller.





Bassist Randy Bermudes






Johnny recently got this and another guitar you'll see later. I thought this one was really sharp.









This was the start of a looooong solo by Wilson. I'd have been flat on my back and he was still blasting on this harmonica!










Johnny switched over to this guitar for the last few songs.




Good night!

This was where I originally intended to hit the road, but everyone insisted I stick around for one of Friday's performers. Was I ever glad I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment